My mail art production has slowed down to a crawl this month. I’ve been very busy, I just haven’t had time to finish much of anything! However, I’m still very happy with what’s been going out and I’ve got lots of new ideas to experiment with this summer. I even found a way to incorporate post cards into my work! Check it out:
Hello again! You may have noticed that I ditched the numbering system and listed the date instead. I think it makes more sense going forward.
Anyway, this past month has been crazy busy, but I’ve also connected with a lot of cool new people. The PO box is up and running and I’ve even received some mail with the wrong zip code, which I mistakenly gave out when I first got my box. Better late than never! This month I continued to experiment with origami folding. I also started playing around with signs that I found at Scrap and various places. Take a look:
Hello again and a happy early St. Patty’s day to everyone! March has been a really hectic month with a lot of other projects and problems with my PO box taking up most of my time and energy. However, I managed to do some experimenting with origami-type folding that I’m really excited about. Also, I think I responded to everyone who has sent me something in the past 2 months, but if I haven’t please email me. On to the pictures:
We have a problem. When I opened my PO box a month or so ago I accidentally wrote down the wrong zip code, which would explain why I haven’t received anything. The zip code at the post office is 94302, not 94301. My apologies to everyone who has sent me something. If you send me an email, I’ll try to get something out to you soon.
Happy belated Valentines day everybody! February is just flying by. This past month I continued to experiment with layering and using more fragile elements. You’d be surprised what you can send through the mail when you put it in a … Continue reading
Another month, another mail art round-up! I had a lot of fun working on larger pieces this month. I’m still primarily working with transparent bags instead of envelopes and I’ve been experimenting with not gluing down certain elements of the piece. It’s difficult to tell from the photos which elements are glued down and which are not, but I like the possibility of the piece arriving looking totally different than when I sent it out. It’s sort of like mail art Russian roulette! Check it out:
Happy holidays everyone! I got a little sidetracked this month with thesis work and a nasty cold, but I still managed to put together a few holiday greetings (which is a few more than last year). This month I experimented with transparency using a lot of plastic bags in the place of envelopes and I think the results are really cool. Check it out: